Revisingly...




                  Evolving                                                                  

              We are as we are, everyone could say,              
life's story, both follows... and guides;
'as-were', lies behind you... anyway ~
eventually, fresh discovering: glides!


© Ewen A. Morrison   

                                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                                    

   Sometimes, life's path follows unpredictable routes - compared to wherever you'll really be... such is the lottery of life! These words flow quite easily, from someone who witnesses, but is more than just a witness - I'm the husband-father here!

Many years after I'd met my beloved wife, Rosemary we became happy parents... first to our son, Scott, and in due course, our daughter Claire. I'll try not to elapse into parental doting tones - easier to write than to comply! However, today, Saturday 8 th of December 2018, I'm writing this piece and feel that I'm better qualified than anyone else to be the writer. I'm determined to be as practical as I can be - who needs to hear emotions, anyway?

I frequently think of how dull my ingrained attitudes may seem to be... but, as an old-timer, these grains are now quite well established; anyway, I've heard this old mantra often enough that I'd find it almost impossible to ignore: "if it ain't broken, don't fix it!" Ergo, I'm unfixable! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Before Claire graced this earth, her mother, Rosemary, had blessed this globe, her parents and, of course, me ๐Ÿ˜ Eventually, both Scott and Claire were born... naturally, their parents became delighted, devoted parents! Both of our off-springs are a mix of their parents - for better and worse,  perhaps? For this particular story, we'll focus on mother, Rosemary and daughter Claire, who share in an exemplary relationship. In Claire, we're finding an evident mix of her Mum and Dad: Mum's emotional sensitivities, combined with her Dad's tendencies towards practicalities (quite peculiar in a young woman!).

Many/most stories rely on a reader's own visualisation abilities, so, within these abilities, we'll proceed. Personally, I'm confined to the limitations of a doting father and a loving husband - no apologies are involved in this statement - while you may rest assured that this writer is NOT a paragon! ๐Ÿ˜Š Furthermore, as I write this in the present tense, I'm wondering about pending degrees of change... happily expecting these changes to be towards a much, much more relaxed and comfortable future! In fact, both of these women couldn't be happier than they are - yet they're more than prone to unsettling bouts of emotionality, as long as I've not invented a new form of affliction here? ~ time will tell! ๐Ÿ˜

Thanks, 

Ewen

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry/Prose Drafting