Amateur Artist...

                                          Acrylic Abstract on a 15 x 10 cm canvas.

 I'm an amateur artist - who admits to being an amateur in other areas also - such as my very slowly improving typing (abilities?). Anyway,  my actual hand-writing has taken all my writing days to become acceptable. I've always been too quick to write something down... and naturally, the style looks rushed (to be as polite!). Furthermore, much of my writing experience has been during working experiences - of course, different lines of employment have different styles of and/or abbreviations - lazy shortcuts!

Prior to writing this particular article, I'd been reading some interesting advice regarding posting your artwork online. While I comfortably admit my amateur-artist status, I must say that I am happy with my painting procedures and practice! I'm always conscious of the verity of certain classical sayings, like 'we live and learn'. While not entirely Zen-like - it speaks of millennial-wisdom anyway! ( saying that I'm an amateur's another excuse to share my amateur poetry;)
                 Amateur?
Born an amateur to life's living;
Give what is to give - for giving:
'Evolving's worth'... entirely true,
Surely for 'all-kind', includes you

© Ewen A. Morrison 


   Amateur, indeed... but I'm an expert opportunist - and why not?! 
   This online facility's an example of what someone can discover while developing their  PC using, experience and abilities... which is what happened to me. Effective amateur practice is found when one is aware of historic 'hit and miss' results. (How else to 'live and learn'?). So, you are actually witnessing and participating as you read here!

   This portrait is painted upon an enlarged version of an old drawing I'd sketched many years ago... among many which had accumulated in my art-pads. In my later years, I have become more 'OK' with a range of electrical items, which had simply been speculative in previous times... science fiction has indeed become fact! Photography became one of my hobbies in childhood - my first camera ever was a gift from my loving parents: a small twin-lense film camera. My present camera is a Canon 1000D digital camera... a computer-like device that does almost everything, bar making my coffee! Simply, one of the best of cameras ~ now, this writer's realising that he'd better close here, as the links to this subject are virtually limitless!

Thanks for your time, 

Ewen

http://ewenart.blogspot.co.uk





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry/Prose Drafting