McCrone Report


                                            Knowing about the McCrone Report?

 What have you learned about it? Generally, I'd only answer a qualified yes! If I'm asked to explain what I knew/know about that report, my limited response would tell how little that I really understood. Broadly speaking, I've interested in politics since my early teenage years and I would have been pleased to be able to vote as early as our present teenagers can do - we couldn't, of course. These are changed days, indeed! Most of my thinking and understandings emerged from access to a wonderfully wide range of reading experiences and sources... I was a child of 'a bookish family', and 'computers were science-fiction items. (almost unimaginable to kids today!) 

In this day and age, it may seem like an alien concept to youngsters: my youngest years were spent in a home which lay outside areas of television reception - and we were richer than we realised, because of that. As veterans of the 'pre-PC' era, none of us would change that, even if it were possible! Well, that's my 'old timer' rant over with... yet, I'm a really avid fan of our youths' absorption tendencies! Yes, I'm aware that that closing sentence was fancier than it needed to be ~ so, what? While 'less is more' is more often right than wrong... heck, I'm only a button pusher and not an expert typist! (I'm Ewen, not Rosemary! ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry/Prose Drafting