Scrapes/bumps/bruising: early youth? (12.3.2019)

 'The Back Beach'

From my large and constantly evolving collection of photographs...
aiming to combine my writing with suitable pictures: 'originals',
of course! πŸ˜‡ ~ this emoji's simply convenient, (one laughs) πŸ˜‰;
I admit that my use of this PC is very amateur... for my sins?

My many hobbies/interest intertwine each other, is pure?
username's 'ewenart': Writing; Photography, Prose-arts;
perhaps too many to accurately record here: I'm sure;
whoever knows, will understand me and my parts! πŸ˜”

Our days arrive... then they're passing so unfairly quickly;
time's what we know it to be, and perhaps, quite restrictive? ~
anyway, if health and happiness are involved: it's celebratory;
conclusively, now, living here joyfully's deceptively addictive!

😍

© Ewen A. Morrison 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Image may contain: 1 person
                                   
   'Dileas' by name: our wee dog ~

Both of these youngsters are focusing on the camera/cameraman... the camera was my first one, ever; the cameraman was my brother Norman, "Norrie", and I suppose we're all wondering where the years have gone? Our mother named the dog; our parents were bilingual people, so it seemed a good name for our new family member! Dileas is the Scottish Gaelic word for faithful - you'll see why we all loved both her name and wonderful character! Most of my friends and acquaintances call me Ewen Morrison - yet my middle name is Angus; later in life, the use of Angus ceased. πŸ˜‘

That ceasing is difficult to logically explain, after all, both my first and second names were after a grandfather and one of my uncles... an established tradition and most keenly followed in Gaeldom. However, my own generation didn't entirely and fully appreciate all these values; while the reasons are a mixture of uncertainties and distractions... I can comfortably recognise some of the pros and cons involved, but it would require someone who's both psychologically qualified and familiar with our history to accurately interpret our case! 😐

'Scrapes/bumps/bruising: early youth?' is an odd title for this post, however, a number of my close friends and/or relatives (sometimes, one and the same!), may understand why the above photo comes from one of the eras when one, or other of these aspects occurred 😏 ~ sometimes, one's not too sure it was a uniquely youthful tendency?  'older and wiser'... one you can anticipate... the other you may wish for? Undeniably, there are times where life is easier to live than attempt to solve! 😁

Thank goodness that being ordinary tends to be my personal default temperament... not a unique philosophy, of course... perhaps that's a shame; anyway, as one of our finest put it:

Oh, would some power the gift give us,


Who could improve on this wonderful man's words, thoughts and philosophies? (a rhetorical question, of course).

Ewen A. Morrison
@ewenart 

Evolving

Born an amateur to life's living:
give what's to give... impelling;
Evolving's worth... entirely true,
surely for all kind, includes you!


© Ewen A. Morrison
Thank you for your time 😍






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry/Prose Drafting