Originally ''òg", was my nickname...





                                                                  Young/òg


Tha mi òg!/I am young! when referring to 'Murray';
you'll frequently meet him within Dunbeg's shop...
or others like William... well tended to, anyway:
local store - useful and handy for a wee stop!

Murray's endlessly occupied ~ is continually busy,
however, he'll have time for their customers too:
that's part and parcel of the service... not easy;
much better than supermarkets/wee shops? too few!

Before long, he's taking some time away: St Kilda;
yet, business people get 'married' to their tasks,
but holidays are priceless... more joyful than "aha!"
afterwards, says "fully-refreshed", if anyone asks?

© Ewen A. Morrison 

~

During a brief conversation with my friend, Murray Young, who sometimes calls me by an old nickname: 'Og' - from my teenage years - which was spelt in an English style, of course! The title of this poem is, evidently: 'Young/òg' - the same as young: òg' ~ simply a translation between two languages, English/Scottish Gaelic... as I am of a bilingual family, sometimes I draw from both languages in my poetry writing... even an amateur poet may experiment, occasionally! 😉 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry/Prose Drafting