Homeshop/ Workshop

Towerdrill's Base-unit...
 Today's main task involved the forming of a suitable storage area for my Router and its 'Bits' etc.  In my youth, I'd worked as an apprentice in a reputable Home Furnishing business in Oban - at the time when everything was going Metric, and we were needing to use both 'Metric' and Imperial systems during the transition period, which felt fine, thanks to my age's schooling; however, my Boss was much older than me, and shortly afterwards my about-to-be workmate, was nine years older than me... nowadays I'm a retired man, and I  fondly remember being the youngster in that team! πŸ™‚

That particular employment was really pleasurable and wonderfully informative - I'm always grateful for what I'd learned, including the processes involved in repairing and restoring classical furniture; also the numerous elements during a mixture of inter-trade jobs that we became involved with... thank goodness for the opportunity, then and since! Ultimately, the acquired skills and understanding has enhanced much, if not most of the arts and crafts which have run through our lives... This tends to touch on the 'Workshop/Homeshop' question! πŸ˜‰

The building of our workshop units had been on the cards for many years, and its existence is the realisation of an old notion that has become reality; evidently, when an idea actually materialises, it is with contentment, rather than any surprise, of course! Rather than dwelling on history, it's more satisfying to relish the countless possibilities and benefits, both physical and psychological! Peace of mind is invaluable and working with your hands is always healthier than having to use the proverbial 'rubber-room'! πŸ™‚  


This next photo was taken today after I'd concluded an upgrading of the evolving Towerdrill's Base-unit... from a range of options open to me, I used the least complicated of the possibilities; the illustrated Bits have 1/4" shafts... in due course, I'll have modified another number of the presently bored holes in order that they'll also be able to accept the remaining I/2" shafts also... this particular project is requiring further close attention for a tidier and clearer set-up. Before long, I'll keep you up to date... furthermore, though I'm calling this item: 'Towerdrill's Base-unit', I'm generally aiming to form some type of 'combination-unit' where Drilling, routing, wood planing etc. can be attended to!

Today's Homeshop 'shift' certainly followed the last closing words and the new 'Combination-unit' is beginning to feel like it will fit for the visualised range of future tasks - it's not rocket science, of course! πŸ˜„ While not everyone can visualise easily, I'm inflicted with an abundance of that capability - for better or worse?! 😏


Most of what I've altered and/or changed isn't worth trying to photograph... the inside of this building is continually ready for occasional alteration, addition etc... in the same way that the outside is! However, the outside tasks will wait until the weather is more suitably calm, as there's more than enough to do indoors, In the meantime. πŸ˜‰    


The present phase of the unit's progress is easing towards being ready for use... and it isn't always clear what to do next! πŸ˜‘ ~


                                                                                          Thanks for your time,

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Ewen 
             




                                                                                                                        




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry/Prose Drafting